Graduation gown and robes in Nigeria
Graduation Gown In Nigeria
In Nigeria, graduation gowns, also known as academic gowns are commonly worn by students during graduation ceremonies.
The design of graduation gowns in Nigeria can vary depending on the institution and the level of education.
Graduation Gown Making Company in Nigeria
Just Uniforms has earned its reputation as the best graduation gown making company in Nigeria.
Just Uniforms offers an extensive range of graduation gown styles, Whether it's a traditional or contemporary design, a specific color requirement, or unique customization requests, Just Uniforms can accommodate various preferences and specifications.
Where To Rent Graduation Gown In Nigeria
Just Uniforms is the go to company for renting graduation gowns in Nigeria, Just Uniforms has earned its reputation as the best company for renting graduation gowns in Nigeria.
Just Uniforms offer flexible pricing options, enabling you to rent a graduation gown without breaking the bank.
Graduation Gown Styles
- 1. Graduation Gown Style For Universities: Universities graduation gowns are typically more elaborate graduation gowns. They often have several features like long sleeves, hood, velvet panels down the front and around the neck, as well as velvet bars on the sleeves.
- The velvet color usually represents the graduate's field of study, and the gown may have distinctive decorative elements such as gold piping or embroidery.
- Cap (Mortarboard): The graduation cap, also known as a mortarboard, is a flat, square-shaped hat with a tassel attached to the top. It is usually worn by graduates during the commencement ceremony and is often black. The tassel is typically moved from one side to the other at a specific point in the ceremony to signify the conferral of the degree.
- 2. Graduation Gown Style For Secondary School: Secondary school graduation gown typically consists of a long, flowing robe that reaches the ankles. It is often made of black or dark-colored fabric, with wide sleeves and a closed front.
- This style includes a gown and a matching cap, also known as a mortarboard.
- Some secondary schools may opt for a gown with a V-shaped neckline. This style features a V-neckline instead of the traditional closed front, giving it a more modern look.
- In certain schools, graduation gowns may be customized to reflect the school colors or emblem. This could include colored trims, sashes, or embroidery that represent the school's identity.
- Along with the gown, students may wear a stole or sash that represents their achievements or affiliations. These can include honor society stoles, club sashes, or academic achievement stoles.
- 3. Graduation Gown Style For Primary School: The classic primary school graduation gown is usually a long, robe-like garment with long sleeves.
- It is typically made of lightweight fabric such as polyester or a blend of polyester and cotton.
- The gown is often plain and solid in color, such as black or dark blue.
- Some primary school graduation gowns feature a front closure design. These gowns have a button or zipper closure running down the front, making it easier to put on and take off. The closure adds a touch of convenience to the gown design.
- Primary schools graduation ceremonies often include a cap. The cap, known as a mortarboard, is a square-shaped hat with a tassel hanging from the top.
- In some schools, primary school graduation gowns may come in different colors to represent the school's unique identity or to distinguish between different grade levels. For example, each grade level may have its own designated color, such as red for fourth grade, blue for fifth grade, and so on.
- Depending on the school's preference, graduation gowns may have minimal embellishments. These can include decorative elements such as a colored trim, embroidered school emblem, or small details on the sleeves or collar to add a touch of individuality to the gown.
Robes In Nigeria
Robes refers to long, loose-fitting garments that are often worn as a form of clothing or ceremonial attire.
Robes typically have a flowing and relaxed design, with loose sleeves and a loose fit around the body.
Robes can be made from various materials such as cotton, silk, satin, or other fabrics, depending on the purpose and cultural context.
Professions That Wears Robes in Nigeria
- 1. Choirs: A choir robe, also known as a choir gown or choir vestment, is a special garment worn by members of a choir during performances, religious services, or other formal occasions.
- 2. Lawyers and Judges: In some legal systems, lawyers and barristers wear robes when appearing in court to represent their clients, Judges often wear robes as a symbol of their authority and impartiality within the courtroom.
- 3. Clergy: Members of religious orders, such as choirs, priests, pastors, ministers, and monks, often wear robes as part of their religious attire.
- 4. Academics: Students graduating often wear robes, such as graduation and commencement ceremonies, professors and other faculty members may wear robes called academic regalia to signify their educational achievements and roles.
- 5. Martial arts practitioners: Some martial arts, such as judo and karate, have specific robes or uniforms known as gis that practitioners wear during training or competitions.
- 6. Members of secret societies or fraternal organizations: Certain secret societies or fraternal organizations have specific robes or ceremonial attire that their members wear during their gatherings or rituals.
- 7. Hospitality Robes: Hospitality robes are a type of robe commonly provided by hotels, resorts, and other hospitality establishments to their guests for use during their stay.
- These robes are often made of soft and comfortable materials, such as cotton or terry cloth, and are designed to provide a sense of luxury and relaxation.
- Hospitality robes are typically available in a range of sizes to accommodate different body types. They are often oversized and feature a loose and comfortable fit, allowing guests to easily slip them on and off.
- The robes may have a shawl collar, a kimono-style design, or a hooded option, depending on the hotel's preference and the level of luxury they want to provide.